These figures are classic with loose arms and heads to enable the painter to semi-customize the unit.
The figures came virtually flash free with minimum mold lines to clean. I did have to add a bit of Elmer's Glue before using a gap-filling Super Glue to clean up some gaps between the torsos and arms. That's minimal compared to some of the clean up I've had to do with other manufacturers lately (see Westphalia Rises Again post).
Anyhoo, here they are. I'm rapidly becoming a 54mm addict. It's a chore to paint smaller sized figures. Each of these figures is a mini-project within the larger scope. I took the photos outside in the spa room since it's a beautiful Tejas day. The highlights turned out a little heavier than I liked in brighter lights. I painted under a fluorescent lamp. I probably should change light sources but won't for now. Nah....I've got more to paint during the Christmas break!
|Closer up shot. I need to "weather" the artillery piece.|
|Great figures to paint. The unit turned out quite well. |
Your 54mm collection should have these artillery batteries.